Théia Central Route 7 Nights
Day 1 Hulhumalé
Dune’s staff will pick up at Malé International Airport and bring you to Blue Shark 2 for boarding. Refreshments are offered while getting information you need from our Cruise Director. Dinner will be served in the evening. As soon as all the guests are on board and settled in, we will set sail to the first dive site.
Day 2 North Malé Atoll > Vaavu Atoll
The trip will start with discovering the dazzling long reefs or manta point (during season May to Nov only) in North Malé Atoll. Corals are abundant here, giving home to plenty of reef fish and macro species. After the day, we will cruise to Vaavu Atoll for the action packed night dive you cannot miss. There are no other experience alike as to join the nurse sharks, sting rays, and jacks in their feeding frenzy.
Day 3 Vaavu Atoll > South Ari Atol
Small caves, large overhangs, drop-off walls, and sloping reefs covered with corals can be found in Vaavu Atoll. Titan triggerfish are common. Larger marine life such as grey reef sharks, white tip reef sharks, tunas, and barracudas are also found here. Moving west to the South Ari Atoll, you will encounter beautiful pinnacles and bigger marine life. Dive into the aquarium of mother nature, meeting the stars of the trip.
Day 4 South Ari Atoll
In the marine protected areas, our first star, the mighty whale sharks regularly show their appearances. Our crew will search for their presence and allow you a chance to snorkel or even scuba with them. Lucky or not, there are also many thilas and some wrecks in South Ari Atoll. Grey reef sharks, napoleon wrasse, moray eels, and scorpionfish can be found here. Exploring to the most, diving in and also setting foot on the paradise. Our crew will lead a visit to the nearby local island just before dinner.
Day 5 South Ari Atoll > North Ari Atoll
Cruising never stops, moving up to the North Ari Atoll while taking the last chance to get up close easily with whale sharks. In the north, channels are wider and water is deeper, we will meet some more of the stars here. The currents attracts many grey reef sharks, white tip reef sharks and even other large pelagic fish. When night falls, you will be invited to go ashore again and indulge yourself in the barbecue dinner on nearby desert island prepared by our crew.
Day 6 North Ari Atoll
Multiple manta cleaning stations, extraordinary thilas and wreck with rich marine life are what you will dive in here. Apart from the above mentioned, you will also find eagle rays, hawksbill turtles, napoleon wrasse, school of blue-stripe snapper, batfish, and fusiliers here. The day will end with a manta night dive. Spectating the enormous manta rays feeding right in front your torch.
Day 7 North Ari Atoll > North Malé Atoll
Dive in once more in North Ari Atoll with the pelagic life and the cruise will head back to North Malé Atoll. Here you will find stunning long reefs, small caves, colourful corals with prolific marine and reef life. Take a closer look at the squirrelfish, bannerfish, oriental sweetlips, frogfish, and nudibranchs. Meanwhile, the trip is arriving at the end. Sad to say goodbye but we all hope to see you again at Dune.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price per person||Boat||Guaranteed||Booking|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price per person||Boat||Guaranteed||Booking|
Departures for Chinese-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: CEN07TH
Services included in the cruise
- Cruise services begin on Saturday at the evening meal at 7pm. The marina departure takes place on Sunday morning. Boats return to the marina the following Friday during the early afternoon. Disembarking from the boat can be done anywhere between Friday evening and Saturday morning at 8am.
- Transfers from the airport to the boat and to and from the marina.
- 2 to 3 on-board guides (a dive master and instructors) accredited by government authorities.
- 12 liter aluminum cylinders + DIN/Int, and diving weights.
- 8 to 10 experienced professional crew members on-board, taking good care of their passengers.
- Three meals a day.
- Sheets and blanket (depending on the boat).
- Bath towels are changed at least once during the trip, depending on the duration of the cruise.
- One evening dedicated to celebrating birthdays, newlyweds or dive anniversaries.
- The selected sea route will take into consideration the passengers' wishes.
- A map to note down the route taken.
- Maldivian Government Tourist Tax.
Services not included in the cruise
- International flights to and from Malé.
- Cancellation and repatriation insurance.
- The Green Tax (as of 11/01/2015) US$6 per person per night.
- For beverages such as soft drinks, beer, wine, etc., see the bar prices in the annex.
- Transfers by speed boat, airplane or seaplane depending on special routes or unscheduled arrivals and departures. (If a passenger wants to take a particular international flight, any extra cost related to the latter will be at the customer's expense).
- Training, optional dives, rentals and on-board services.
- Nitrox (package and fillings per unit).
- Tips for the crew, recommended at $10 per person per day spent on board, could be given at the end of the stay before leaving.
- The supplement for a single cabin.
Extra to book before departure
- Early Check-in: $45 (Access on board and Saturday noon lunch)
- Late Check-out: $45 (stay on board till 1:30 PM, lunch)
- Travelling Pack (Buoyancy Jacket, Regulator, Wet Suit): $18 / person / Day
- Nitrox course (without manual): $190 (certification: $60 to pay on site)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course: $300 (certification: $60 to pay on site)