Terms and conditions
conditions of sale and regulations in the Maldives
1. Airport Pick Up
Passengers are greeted at the airport by a DUNE Maldives staff, holding a "DUNE" sign or a sign indicating the name of the chartered DUNE ship. The meeting point will generally be outside the arrival hall after the baggage claim and customs clearance area.
For cruises arriving and departing from Malé, passengers are transferred to the DUNE Maldives chartered boats via the diving Dhoni leaving from the marina of Malé International Airport (duration: approximately 20 minutes). The first transfer included in the service is at 15h00 from Malé airport. The return transfer from the last day will be organized right after breakfast.
- Those arriving before 15h00 on Saturday morning should book an "Early Check-In" at $45 per person. If the boat is available upon arrival on Saturday morning, participants can be transferred earlier (until 11.00 am) from the airport to the boat. The rate includes half-day on board, lunch and private transfer.
- On the way back and depending on return flight schedules, guests can book a “Late Checkout” at 45$ per person. If the boat is available upon departure on Saturday afternoon, they can be transferred later (until 14.00pm) from the boat to the airport. The rate includes half-day on board, lunch and private transfer.
- Depending on return flight schedules, guests should also book a "Day-Use". Two options are available: 1. Snorkeling Trip with Dune Maldives’ team, including lunch and transfer to the airport at the end of the day (price : 60 USD). 2. Guest house: access to a room and hotel services. Lunch not included and transfer to the airport included. The Day-Use will be paid directly on site. Price starting from 60 USD.
IMPORTANT: "Early check-in" and "late check-out" are subject to boat availability. During these days, the boat is in transition between two liveaboards. Cabins are not available due to cleaning. Guests will be free to use common areas. Therefore guests from the liveaboard ending could meet with guests from the liveaboard on departure.
Day use options are also subject to boat and hotels availability.
Round-trip transfers, included in the cruise price, are only from/to the airport to the DUNE Maldives chartered boats. Transfers to or from hotels are at the client's expense and organized by themselves, their tour operator, or their hotel. Guests or the tour operator should call the Maldives contact person (Ben at +960 9993906 and Sean at +960 777 65 69) the day before the cruise to confirm the meeting for the next day. Nevertheless, it is also preferable to have the customer's phone number on record at DUNE (online booking) as well as the name and number of the hotel where the guest will be staying.
DUNE France and DUNE Maldives are not responsible for the days before or after the dive cruise.
3. Services included
in the cruise
Cruise services begin on Saturday at the evening meal at 7pm. The marina departure takes place on Sunday morning. Boats return to the marina the following Friday in the early afternoon. Disembarking from the boat can be done at anytime between Friday evening and Saturday morning at 8am.
- Transfers from the airport to the boat and to and from the marina.
- Double shared cabin accommodation.
- 2 to 4 on-board guides (dive masters and instructors) accredited by government authorities.
- 12 liter aluminum cylinders + DIN/Int, and diving weights.
- 8 to 10 professional and experienced crew members on-board
- Three meals a day. Sheets and blanket (depending on the boat).
- Bath towels are changed at least once during the trip, depending on the duration of the cruise.
- One evening dedicated to celebrating birthdays, newlyweds or dive anniversaries.
- The selected sea route will take into consideration the passengers' wishes.
- A logbook map.
- Soft drinks during meals (Coke and Sprite) (on Theia boat only)
- Nitrox - package and fillings per unit. Nitrox is a service offered by Dune and can’t be subject to any refund in case the compressor was malfunctioning (on Theia boat only)
- Maldivian Government Tourist Tax.
- Green Tax (on Theia boat only)
- The dive package will be adjusted according to the number of days in case of a staggered departure and arrival.
- If the diver does not take part in all the proposed dives for whatever reason - weather, air, or personal reasons, no refund will be made by DUNE France or DUNE Maldives.
- According to logistical possibilities or passenger wishes, it may be possible to make more dives than those proposed in the planned package. Optional additional dives cost extra.
7-night cruises (6 days on board)
- 6 days of cruise full board, including unlimited tea, coffee and water.
- 7 nights on board in a shared twin cabin - single cabins cost extra.
- Package includes 15 dives spread from Sunday to Friday, including a night dive.
10-night cruises (9 days on board)
- 9 days of cruise full board, including unlimited tea, coffee and water.
- 10 nights on board in a shared twin cabin - single cabins cost extra.
- Package includes 21 dives spread from Sunday to the following Saturday, including a night dive.
11-night cruises (10 days on board)
- 10 days of cruise full board, including unlimited tea, coffee and water.
- 11 nights on board in a shared twin cabin - single cabins cost extra.
- Package includes 24 dives spread from Sunday to the following Sunday, including a night dive.
14-night cruises (13 days on board)
- 13 days of cruise full board, including unlimited tea, coffee and water.
- 14 nights on board in a shared twin cabin - single cabins cost extra.
- Package includes 31 dives spread from Sunday to Friday of the second week, including a night dive.
4. Services not
included in the cruise
- International flights to and from Malé.
- The supplement for a superior or sea view cabin.
- The supplement for a single cabin.
- Cancellation and repatriation insurance.
- Soft drinks such as Coke, Sprite, etc. outside meals.
- Drinks such as beer, wine, etc., see the bar prices in the annex.
- Transfers by speed boat, airplane or seaplane depending on special routes or unscheduled arrivals and departures. (If a passenger wants to take a particular international flight, any extra cost related to the latter will be at the customer's expense).
- Training, optional dives, rentals and on-board services
- Tips for the crew, recommended at $12 per person per day spent on board, could be given at the end of the stay before leaving.
and diving legislation in the Maldives
In keeping with the idea of "safe leisure", Maldives regulation limits the dive profile to 30 meters depth, 60 minutes and within no decompression limits (diving without decompression stops).
- A medical certificate dated less than 1 year authorizing the practice of scuba diving.
- A dive log.
- A diving qualification card (including Nitrox if certified).
- An insurance certificate for the current year.
Compulsory equipment (per diver):
- A dive computer
- A surface marker buoy, SMB
- An emergency sound or visual signaling system
- A torch or flashlight.
- A second emergency torch.
- A reef hook.
- A weight belt or weight pockets.
CERTIFIED DIVERS MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Level 2 or Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD) with a minimum of 50 dives is required. An Open Water Diver (OWD) level with over 80 dives is acceptable provided an AOWD is obtained at the beginning of the stay to remain compliant with local regulations required for safari trips.The diver without an adequate level for his own safety and that of the group (evaluated by one of the guides) may be excluded from some technically difficult dives (without compensation) or a private guide will be imposed at a cost of $160 per dive day.
All routes and the number of dives outside of the package will depend on passenger wishes, weather, local regulations and are subject to the discretion of the primary instructor on board.
6. Dune's planning
- Boats listed on our planning schedule can be changed without notice and replaced by a boat of identical category.
- Departure and return marinas may change without notice according to Dune's scheduling and other constraints.
Information and documents required for customer registration:
- A passport with a minimum six month validity after the return date is mandatory and must be shown when passing through customs.
- The full name of each passenger.
- The passport number.
- The diver's level and his number of dives.
- Details of flight arrivals and departures.
- A passport photocopy for booking domestic flights
- Any special instructions involving reserving cabins, courses, Nitrox, or the rental of diving equipment...
NON-DIVER ACCOMPANYING PERSONS
Activities for non-divers accompanying the diving and snorkeling cruises such as initial dives, courses, snorkeling or island visits and other activities are subject to the availability of the guides, logistical constraints and the diving activities.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR PASSENGERS AND NON-DIVERS
Participants in swimming, snorkeling or first dives should make sure they are in good physical condition and able to participate in such water activities and swimming. A swimming test is mandatory at the beginning of the stay. If necessary, the guides may require specific snorkeling training and/or the 5 wearing of a snorkel vest or a shorty to ensure participant safety (minimum age of 8 yrs old is recommended). Guided snorkeling activities not included in the program cost an extra $20 per 45- minute session. A private guide may be imposed by decision of the instructors on board on any participant whose technical level is not sufficient for his own safety. For the same reasons, the instructors on board can prohibit certain activities they deem too difficult (without compensation).
AGENCIES AND PASSENGERS PLEASE TAKE NOTE
A first-aid medical kit is available on the boats. However, it is strongly recommended that passengers bring along their own first-aid kits, with sunscreen, seasickness pills, mosquito repellent, antihistamine cream and other medication according to your doctor's prescription and those for the destination.
We remind you that transporting alcoholic beverages or products containing pork is strictly prohibited in the Maldives.
Cancellation fees apply to transfers, diving services and hotel reservations.
All cancellations must be sent in writing by mail, fax or email. The reception date of your cancellation will determine the amount of charges.
The following cancellations will be invoiced.
Cancellation policy for individual registrations
- Cancellations from 60 to 31 days before the date of the boat's departure: 30% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations from 30 to 15 days before the date of the boat's departure: 50% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations 14 days before the date of the boat's departure: 100% of the total cost of the cruise.
Cancellation policy for group registrations (from 10 participants) and for charter
- Cancellations from 90 to 61 days before the date of the boat's departure: 30% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations from 60 to 31 days before the date of the boat's departure: 50% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations from 30 days before the date of the boat's departure: 100% of the total cost of the cruise.
The minimum number of participants required to ensure the departure of a cruise depends on the total capacity of the vessel:
- Boats from 16 to 20 seats: Minimum of 12 participants
- Boats from 20 to 22 seats: Minimum of 14 participants
- Boat with 22 places and more: Minimum of 16 participants
At over 30 days from departure, Dune reserves the right to cancel a cruise without compensation if the number of participants is insufficient.
Reservations can still be made up to 4 days before departure.
At the latest, clients must arrive at the airport the afternoon before their cruise departs. The cruise departure cannot be deferred due to a flight delay, except in the case of a charter. In this case, the return date of the cruise will remain as originally planned. The dive package will be adjusted to reflect the number of days on board. Customers should be covered thereafter by their agency or by the airline.
8. Payment -
Reimbursement - Litigation
- A minimum 30% deposit must be paid by the customer in order to confirm his reservation.
- The balance is due 30 days prior to departure for an individual booking and 60 days before departure for groups and charters.
- On-board payments must be made in cash or credit card (except tips).
- Failure to follow a route does not result in compensation or reimbursement of taxes.
- Failure to follow the program does not result in compensation (e.g.: not completing 15 dives due to poor weather or insufficient diving level...)
- Changes made to the boat or selected marinas do not give rise to compensation.
- A possible Nitrox malfunction does not give rise to compensation.
- Customers are individually responsible for all their personal effects. Damage to personal belongings due to negligence or omission shall not give rise to any claim against Dune.
- No refunds will be provided if a customer fails to make all the proposed dives, either on his own accord or due to a temporary restriction from the dive instructor in charge of the boat.
- Flight delays: DUNE France and DUNE Maldives cannot be responsible for flight delays. DUNE does not provide meals or extra nights caused by delays or schedule advances made by charters or scheduled airlines.
Cancellations and Force Majeure
Dune reserves the right to cancel a stay or cruise for reasons of force majeure such as natural disasters, epidemics, war, strikes, and riots, etc ...
Dune declines all responsibility during these events such as injuries, death or destruction of personal property due to acts of war, insurrection, military action, revolution or exceptional meteorological or seismic events that are beyond its control. Any unforeseeable insurmountable event beyond Dune's control is considered a case of force majeure. If a force majeure event occurs, the customer will be notified as soon as possible. If the trip or stay is canceled or shortened due to natural disasters, revolutions, wars, or governmental decisions, the customer cannot claim any compensation. This also goes for anything that may limit benefiting from certain services.
The closing of roads, airports, railway stations, marinas or the suspension or removal of a train, plane, or boat... due to carrier or administrative decision... are not covered by Dune and do not give rise to compensation.