North Route 7 Nights
Liveaboard in the Noth Maldives
Day 1 Hulhumalé
Dune’s staff will pick up at Malé International Airport and bring you to the boat for boarding. Refreshments are offered while getting information you need from our Cruise Director. Dinner will be served in the evening and you spend your first night at Hulhumalé marina.
Day 2 North Malé Atoll > Lhaviyani Atoll
The trip will start with discovering the dazzling long reefs and manta point in North Malé Atoll. At about 15 meters deep only, the sites forge the best condition to observe manta rays. Marine life here is diverse and plentiful, some of the most beautiful pinnacles here will also give you exceptional and colorful memories. The day will end with a manta night dive. Spectating the enormous manta rays feeding right in front your torch.
Day 3 Lhaviyani Atoll
Here you will not find only wall dive, but also current swept channels that are infested with sharks, including the grey reef sharks, white tip reef sharks, and black tip reef sharks. Keep looking in the blue and you will often see tunas, barracudas, and eagle rays too. When night falls, you will be invited to go ashore and indulge yourself in the barbecue dinner on nearby desert island prepared by our crew.
Day 4 Lhaviyani Atoll > Baa Atoll
Taking you back in time to the 1980's, two ships are sunked here, one of them dramatically protrudes through the surface. Both wrecks are sheathed in prolific hard and soft corals, accommodating the nearby fish life. Exploring to the most, diving in and also setting foot on the paradise. Our crew will lead a visit to the nearby local island just before dinner.
Day 5 Baa Atoll
In the numerous reefs of Baa Atoll, multiplicity of marine life ranging from fishes to turtles and even the giant filter feeders, blended topography of hard and soft corals, diversity in underwater environment of plateaus, overhangs, pinnacles, and swim throughs are all yours to plunge in. All the above make Baa Atoll a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve back in June 2011.
Day 6 Baa Atoll > North Malé Atoll
The famous Hanifaru Bay, located on the eastern side of Baa Atoll, is one of the marine protected areas. From August to November, both whale sharks and manta rays aggregate here to devour the zooplankton blooms brought by the southwest monsoon. Under regulations, only snorkeling is allowed here, but there are many fascinating dive sites to delight in nearby.
Day 7 North Malé Atoll
In North Malé Atoll you will find stunning long reefs, small caves, colourful corals with prolific marine and reef life once again. Take a closer look at the squirrelfish, bannerfish, oriental sweetlips, frogfish, and nudibranchs. In the afternoon you will come back to Hulhumale marina to spend your last night on board.
Day 8 Hulhumalé
The trip is arriving at the end. Our crew will arrange transfer to the airport according to your flight schedule once you have had your breakfast on board. We are also glad to help you plan for the day if you have a late flight. Various options are available ranging from snorkeling excursions and booking for accommodations.
Time to come back home with fantastic memories!
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Departures for English-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,680||Theia||0 / 18||18||Fully booked|
|€1,680||Theia||0 / 18||18||Fully booked|
|€1,680||Theia||0 / 18||Fully booked|
|€1,680||Theia||14 / 18||Book now!|
Departures for Chinese-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 160
- Transfers from the airport to the boat and to and from the marina.
- Double shared cabin accommodation.
- 2 to 4 on-board guides (a dive master and instructors) accredited by government authorities.
- 12 liter aluminum cylinders + DIN/Int, and diving weights.
- 8 to 10 professional and experienced crew members on-board
- Three meals a day.
- Sheets and blanket (depending on the boat).
- Bath towels are changed at least once during the trip, depending on the duration of the cruise.
- One evening dedicated to celebrating birthdays, newlyweds or dive anniversaries.
- The selected sea route will take into consideration the passengers' wishes.
- A map to note down the route taken.
- Soft drinks during the meal (Coke and Sprite) (on Theia boat only)
- Nitrox - package and fillings per unit. Nitrox is a service offered by Dune and can’t be subject of a refund in the eventuality the compressor is malfunctioning (on Theia boat only)
- Maldivian Government Tourist Tax.
- Green Tax (on Theia boat only)
- The dive package will be adjusted according to the number of days in case of a staggered departure and arrival.
- If the diver does not take part in all the proposed dives for whatever reason - weather, air, or personal reasons, no refund will be made by DUNE France or DUNE Maldives.
- According to logistical possibilities or passenger wishes, it may be possible to make more dives than those proposed in the planned package. Optional additional dives cost extra.
- 8 days of cruise with full board, including unlimited tea, coffee and water.
- 7 nights on board in a shared twin cabin - single cabins cost extra.
- Package includes 15 dives spread from Sunday to Friday, along with a night dive.
- International flights to and from Malé.
- The supplement for a superior or sea view cabin.
- The supplement for a single cabin.
- Cancellation and repatriation insurance.
- Soft drinks such as Coke, Sprite, etc. outside meals.
- Drinks such as beer, wine, etc., see the bar prices in the annex.
- Transfers by speed boat, airplane or seaplane depending on special routes or unscheduled arrivals and departures. (If a passenger wants to take a particular international flight, any extra cost related to the latter will be at the customer's expense). Training, optional dives, rentals and on-board services
- Tips for the crew, recommended at $12 per person per day spent on board, could be given at the end of the stay before leaving.
Recommendations and diving legislation in the Maldives
Terms and conditions
- Cancellations from 60 to 31 days before the date of the boat's departure: 30% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations from 30 to 15 days before the date of the boat's departure: 50% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations 14 days before the date of the boat's departure: 100% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations from 90 to 61 days before the date of the boat's departure: 30% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations from 60 to 31 days before the date of the boat's departure: 50% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Cancellations 30 days before the date of the boat's departure: 100% of the total cost of the cruise.
- Boats from 16 to 20 seats: Minimum of 12 participants
- Boats from 20 to 22 seats: Minimum of 14 participants
- Boat with 22 places and more: Minimum of 16 participants
Payment - Reimbursement - Litigation
- A minimum 30% deposit must be paid by the customer in order to confirm his reservation.
- The balance is due 30 days prior to departure for an individual booking and 60 days before departure for groups and charters.
- On-board payments must be made in cash or check (except tips). · Failure to follow a route does not result in compensation or reimbursement of taxes.
- Failure to follow the program does not result in compensation (e.g.: not completing 15 dives due to poor weather or insufficient diving level...)
- Changes made to the boat or selected marinas do not give rise to compensation.
- A possible Nitrox malfunction does not give rise to compensation.
- Customers are individually responsible for all their personal effects. Damage to personal belongings due to negligence or omission shall not give rise to any claim against Dune.
- No refunds will be provided if a customer fails to make all the proposed dives, either on his own accord or due to a temporary restriction from the dive instructor in charge of the boat.
- Flight delays: DUNE France and DUNE Maldives cannot be responsible for flight delays. DUNE does not provide meals or extra nights caused by delays or schedule advances made by charters or scheduled airlines.
Cruise Cancellations and Force Majeure
Airport pick up
- Those arriving before 15h00 on Saturday morning should book an "Early Check-In". If the boat is available upon arrival on Saturday morning, they can be transferred earlier (until 11.00 am) from the airport to the boat. Each guest will be asked to pay a participation price of $45. This price covers the costs of the half-day on board, lunch and private transfer.
- On the way back and depending on return flight schedules, guests can book a “Late Checkout”. If the boat is available upon departure on Saturday afternoon, they can be transferred later (until 14.00pm) from the boat to the airport. Each guest will be asked to pay a participation price of $45. This price covers the costs of the half-day on board, lunch and private transfer.
- Depending on return flight schedules, guests should also reserve a "Day-Use". Two options are available:
- Snorkeling Trip with Dune Maldives’ team, including the lunch and the transfer to the airport at the end of the day (price : 60 USD)
- Guest house : access to a room and hotel services. Lunch not included and transfer to the airport included. Charge will be paid directly on place. Price starting from 60 USD.
- A dive computer.
- A surface marker buoy, SMB.
- An emergency sound or visual signaling system.
- A lamp or flashlight.
- A second emergency lamp.
- A reef hook.
- A weighted belt or pockets.
- A passport with a minimum of six months validity after the return date is mandatory and must be shown when passing through customs.
- The full name of each passenger.
- The passport number.
- The diver's level and his number of dives.
- Details of flight arrivals and departures.
- A passport photocopy for booking domestic flights.
- Any special instructions involving reserving cabins, courses, Nitrox, or the rental of diving equipment...