Big South 7 nights
Liveaboard in the Big South of the Maldives
Day 1 Hulhumalé
Dune staff will pick you up at Malé International Airport and bring you to the main boat. Enjoy a drink while listening to our Cruise Director welcome briefing. Dinner will be served in the evening and you will start your cruise to Vaavu Atoll
Day 2 North Malé Atoll > Vaavu Atoll
Time for the first dives on the beautful reefs of Vaavu Atoll and Meemu !
The excellent pristine channels of Meemu offer steep walls and overhangs coated with healthy hard and soft corals. You will have a chance of looking for hammerhead sharks and to observe grey reef sharks, white tip reef sharks, eagle rays, napoleon wrasses, and hawksbill turtles.
Day 3 Vaavu Atoll > South Ari Atoll
Travelling deeper to the south, you will discover a variety of impressive sites with submerged pinnacles, channels, corals gardens, overhangs, and swim throughs. You will also encounter white tip reef sharks, eagle rays, tunas, schools of jacks...
Day 4 South Ari Atoll
Laamu Atoll offers drift dives and deep channels that attract sharks, rays, jacks, and tunas. Moreover you will dive in caves and swim throughs along colorful drop-off walls. The pristine central lagoon is also home to large schools of parrotfish, butterflyfish as well as turtles and triggerfishes.
Day 5 Gaaf Alif Atoll to Gaafu Atoll
Besides the stunning underwater landscape, the untouched dive sites will also offer chances of meeting the spectacular thresher sharks, hammerhead sharks, eagle rays, napoleon wrasses, and schools of reef fish.
Amazing drift dives and deep channel are waiting for you !
Day 6 South Gaafu Atoll
We will make a few more dives in the splendid region of Gaafu. Besides the stunning underwater landscape, the untouched dive sites will also offer chances of meeting the spectacular thresher sharks, bull sharks, eagle rays, napoleon wrasses, and schools of reef fish.
Day 7 South Gaafu Atoll to Fuvamulah Atoll
At the most southern point of the trip, you will discover an impressive topography counting sloping reefs, drop-off walls and deep channels. There are only few named dive sites here as this part of Maldives is still relatively unknown. Get a chance to see spinner dolphins, manta rays, thresher sharks, and tiger sharks ...
According to weather conditions, we will go to Fuvamulah Atoll, famous for the numerous sharks living there, especially tigers sharks !
Day 8 KOODOO
The trip is arriving at the end. Our crew will arrange the transfer to the airport once you have had your breakfast on board. We are also glad to help you plan for the day and booking for accommodations.
Time to come back home with fantastic memories!
Dates & prices
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Departures for French-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Departures for Chinese-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 161
- Transfers from the airport to the boat and to and from the marina.
- Double/twin shared cabin accommodation.
- 2 to 4 on-board guides (dive master and instructors)
- 12 liter aluminum cylinders + DIN/Int, and diving weights.
- 8 to 10 professional and experienced crew members onboard
- Meals and all soft drinks on board (excluding beer, spirits, wine, espresso coffee)
- 15 dives minimum, extra ones according to weather conditions and flights schedule
- Bath towels are changed at least once during the trip, depending on the duration of the cruise.
- The selected sea route will take into consideration the passengers' wishes.
- Dune reserves the right to limit dives frequency due to : weather conditions, dive level and physical conditions of passengers, and no refund would be applied.
- Nitrox - package and fillings. Nitrox is a service offered by Dune and no refund will be applied in case of malfunctioning of the compressor
- Wifi : subject to network availibility - some areas might not be covered
- Maldivian Government Tourist Tax
- International flights to and from Male.
- The supplement for a superior or sea view cabin.
- The supplement for a single cabin.
- Drinks such as beer, wine, espresso
- Transfers by speed boat, airplane or seaplane depending on special routes or unscheduled arrivals and departures.
- Diving courses, rental equipment
- Service charge $120 for the crew, to be given at the end of the stay before leaving by cash.
- Fuel surcharge
- A dive computer.
- A surface marker buoy, SMB.
- An emergency sound or visual signaling system.