Grand sud descente 10 nuits
Day 1 Hulhumale
A Dune agent will meet you at the airport and will transport you to the boat. Once you arrive, you will be offered refreshments while the cruise director will provide you with all the necessary information about the ship's organisation and the details of your cruise. Dinner will be served in the evening and the first night will be spent in the Hulhumale marina.
Day 2 Day 2 : North Male - South Male - Vaavu Atoll
The trip will start by exploring the long reefs of North Male Atoll. Corals are abundant here, providing an exceptional home for many fish and smaller creatures. After the first dive we will sail to Vaavu Atoll to get straight into the heart of the action. There is nothing more exciting than watching sharks, rays and jacks crevalles searching for food.
Day 3 Day 3 : Vaavu Atoll - Meemu Atoll
In addition to the exceptional topography and marine life, you will also visit the virgin reefs of Meemu Atoll. The excellent canal covered with steep walls and overhangs covered in soft corals. A great chance to encounter hammerheads with grey sharks, white tip sharks, eagle rays, napoleons and turtles.
Day 4 Day 4 : Meemu Atoll - Thaa Atoll - Laamu Atoll
Travelling south, you will discover a varied topography: thilas, gyres, canals, coral gardens and overhangs. You will also encounter reef sharks, white tips, eagle rays, tunas, and jacks crevalles shoals.
Day 5 Day 5 : Laamu Atoll - North Gaafu Atoll
Laamu Atoll is characterised by drift dives and deep canals that attracts sharks, rays, jacks crevalles and tunas. You will also discover intact caves and drops offs. The central lagoon hosts large shoals of parrotfish, triggerfish and turtles.
Day 6 Day 6 : North Gaafu - South Gaafu Atoll
The largest atoll in the Maldives, located in the deep south, offers intact reefs and lagoons. A wide variety of turtles and sharks, including blacktip, whitetip and nurse sharks have made their home here. You may even be lucky enough to see the bulldog and tiger sharks that sometimes honour us with their presence.
Day 7 Day 7 : Gaafu Atoll South - Fuvamulah
Gaaf dhall is also made up of very beautiful canals with intact corals and also very frequented by pelagics.
Depending on current and wind conditions we will then head to the mythical site of Fuvamulah. Located below the equator, it is renowned for the presence of many sharks, in particular tiger sharks, and very often reserves beautiful surprise encounters!
Day 8 Day 8 : Fuvamulah Atoll
We will spend the day on this mythical atoll searching for large pelagic fish for special encounters. In addition to the beautiful underwater scenery, there are also new chances to encounter napoleons and other shoals of coral fish.
Day 9 Day 9 : Fuvamulah - Gaafu Atoll
A last dive on Fuvamulah atoll and then we will go back up to Gaafu to enjoy the multitude of canals that this atoll offers. Afterwards we will anchor at night with the possibility to observe whale sharks at the back of the boat.
Day 10 Day 10 : Gaafu Atoll
Depending on your return flights we will make 2 to 3 dives in the passes around the islands of Vilingili and Khoodoo.
Day 11 Day 11 : Khoodoo
Departure from the boat to Khoodoo domestic airport and transfer to Male airport for your international flight.
Dates & prices
Departures for English-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€3,725||NORAYA||4 / 28||1||Book now!|
|€3,725||NORAYA||22 / 26||Book now!|
|€3,725||NORAYA||26 / 26||Book now!|
Trip code: 224
- Airport - boat - airport transfer (AR)
- The 10-night cruise in a double cabin (single occupancy is available at an additional cost)
- 2 to 4 guides (dive master and instructors)12L single output aluminum blocks (DIN/Etrier) and weights.
- 8 to 10 professional crew members on the boat
- 23 dives minimum, additional dives possible depending on weather conditions and flight schedules
- All meals on board, water, tea and coffee
- The chosen itinerary may be adjusted according to requests
- Dune reserves the right to limit the frequency of diving according to: external events, weather conditions, diving level limitations, physical condition of divers... without any compensation being claimed.
- Nitrox is free and cannot be claimed, especially in case of compressor failure.
- Maldivian tourist taxes
- Wifi: subject to network availability. Some areas may not be covered
- International and domestic flights
- domestic flight in 10 nights down and up south approximately 260$ current price
- Additional drinks: alcohol, espresso coffee etc
- Rental of diving equipment, diving flashlight, SMB, computer...
- Diving coursesSupplement for superior cabin, sea view or single cabin use
- Speedboat, seaplane transfers or fees due to flight delays/cancellations
- Service charge $240 per passenger, to be paid in cash on board at the end of the trip.
- Fuel surcharge